Beginning Sunday, September 6, children in grades 5-6 have a new meeting place: The Shack. This is the location for their Sunday School and GrowthPoint Mid-week SURGE classes. The Shack will be open 15 minutes before classes begin. These children will no longer participate in Kids Praise, they will attend the regular worship service, hearing sermons by Pastor Michael.
The new SURGE leadership team (made up of SURGE teachers, Pastor Jordan and Kimberly Millner) has determined the following guidelines to ensure the safety of these children. Because these children are preparing for independence in the Student program (grades 7-12), drop off/pick up procedures for The Shack are different than for younger children.
Surge Pick up/Drop off Procedures
- There will be no attendance/identification stickers, wristbands or sign-in/out sheets; however, parents are
responsible for drop off/pick up.
- Children in grades 5-6 will only be dismissed when his/her parent is present.
- These children are responsible for using bathroom facilities in advance of classes or after parent pick-up to the extent possible.
- As always, parents are primarily responsible for the safety of their children. Please be especially cautious when it may be dark outside and/or during inclement weather.
The drop off/pick up procedures listed below have been established for children’s protection while at church.
- Parents are responsible for dropping kids off at The Shack. Children who arrive at church early may congregate in the Family Life Center (Gym) until teachers open The Shack at 8:45 a.m.
- At 9:50 a.m., teachers will escort children to the Worship Center Atrium to meet their parents.
- In the event a parent is late to pick up a child, the child will remain with the teacher in the Worship Center until the parent arrives.
- Parents are responsible for dropping kids off at The Shack. Children who are eating dinner at church may congregate in the Family Life Center (Gym) until teachers open The Shack at 6:15 p.m.
- Parents will pick up children in The Shack at 7:30 p.m.
- In the event that fewer than 2 teachers are able to be present, children will join the student ministry for the lesson in the Red Room.